Thursday, September 11, 2008

Episode ll - CooCoo, Loco

This is a continuation of my previous blog concerning a trip to WalMart.
After I found my husband, I headed for the check-out isle while he went to get the car. Well of course I picked the slowest line ever. The cashier (not her fault) had to call for a price check because Grandma Moses decided her crackers were overpriced at the register by 6 cents (I kid you not.) I could have quilted a blanket while I stood in that line. Because the wait was over a difference of 6 cents I offered the woman a dime and she would not take it. She went into a speech about how big companies like WalMart just take advantage of the little guy and we have to join together and let them know we are not going to stand by and take it. There were some flags for sale at the check-out that were left from Labor Day. I started to take one, cover my heart, and start singing The National Anthem (with no disrespect but what I was thinking at the time) "Ohh say can you see, this idiot in front of me......." But instead I just listened to her rant and rave. Yes, this little old woman went from being calm to a complete and total raving maniac. She finally turned to the cashier and I truly thought she was going to go across the counter and grab her by the shirt or slap her. She began to have a mean tone in her voice and told the cashier it was all because they don't know how to run the darn cash register. They did not have sense God gave to a horse. I had stood all I could stand so stupid me spoke up. I said, "Maam, people make mistakes in scanning these items when they put them on the shelf but all she did was scan it here. She didn't make the mistake someone else did." She turned to me and I took two steps back out of total fear. This sweet little old woman turned into the devil himself. She said, "Let me tell you something, it's because of people like you that our world is like it is today. People like you are chicken and won't stand up for yourself.... The more she talked the more her voice got louder. The poor cashier had exited her post while she was blowing off steam on me. The girl came back with the manager. The manager asked her to please lower her voice and calm down that she was sure she could take care of what ever is wrong. The innocent cashier told the manager it was all over 6 cents. So the manager offered the woman a $5 gift card to settle the matter. Well the little old woman went off on her explaining that she didn't appreciate being bought off. I got my items and went to the next isle (which is what I should have done in the first place.) It took just a couple of minutes to check out. As I was leaving I smiled at the cashier and mouthed to her the words good luck. She just smiled back and leaned behind the manager and made a spinning motion around her temple to say this woman is nuts, coocoo, loco. I shook my head yes and headed for the door. As I was leaving, I thought to myself, "Note to self, do not drink the water at this WalMart, ever!!!!"
AUTHOR'S NOTE: There is nothing wrong with the water at WalMart. I just want this to be cleared up so I will not have a lawsuit from WalMart.

3 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

Coo-coo loco lady, sounded Patriotic to begin with until she lost her self-control with you, then she just became another crazy Wal-Mart looney. I hate to get behind people like that. They make shopping an even worse chore than I think it is to begin with.

GingerJar said...

Well, you know Wal-mart has that policy that if they have something mismarked (lower than it's suppose to be) and you bring it to their attention you get it for that price + 10% off... because the theory is that at that point they will correct the price on their computer to charge everybody else the correct higher price. I get ripped at Walmart because they seem to invaribly leave an item out of my bag...although it will definately get scanned. Oh, and the other think. I'm a bozo and forget stuff...I've figured out Walmart owns about $1000.00 in ice I've paid for and forgotten to pick up on the way out. LOL.

Aleta said...

Good Grief! I've heard of giving your 2 cents worth, but that lady's 6 cents was too much. Whew... Poor cashier.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed